Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Moderate my gigil

I cancelled an anticipated nice dinner-movie date last night just to help out finish a presentation, which was actually not necessary to be done asap. Later did I know about it, unfortunately. Naisahan na naman ako ni FG head.

***

I was supposed to watch Endo, a film directed by my old friend and college buddy Direk Jade Castro (salamat Noreen sa invite, sayang 'di mo ako naalala n'ung premiere, hu hu). Sadly, we barely communicated after I took a different career that's way off my Film and Audio-visual Communication degree (nagtitinda ako ngayon ng mga lutong-bahay).

What I can remember about Direk Jade:
His creativity which, though subtly embedded in his overall persona (that's what I thought), was strongly manifested through his ideas.

His humility. Wala kang mararamdamang yabang sa katawan kahit may ipagyayabang naman.

A keen observer. These could be one of his qualities kaya sobrang malikot ang pag-iisip (in a postive sense).

Mababaw ang kaligayahan kaya madaling patawanin. Kaya sarap kasama niyan dahil madalas pinapakyaw mga jokes ko.

Good taste in music and of course, movies. Siya ang basehan ko kung worth bang pakinggan/panoorin ang isang kanta/pelikula.

I wish I had returned the favor after he wholeheartedly worked as my DOP (cinematographer) for my thesis. Hindi ko na matandaan kung bakit hindi na ako nakatulong sa thesis niya.

I wont forgive myself kung hindi ko mapapanood within this week yung movie niya.

No comments: