Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Don’t take it as a career, Take it as a calling"

“That’s the great part of it. I don’t take it as a career, I take it as a calling,” White House chef Fil-Am Cristeta Pasia Comerford said to Inquirer.net on her role in the US First Family's home.

Sarap pakinggan; sana it applies to everybody. Sana masabi ko rin yun sa trabaho ko. Hayz.

I've been contemplating lately about my job. Though relatively it pays well (just exclude the loan deductions) and sure most of the people outside the three corners of my cubicle (pader kasi yung likuran ko) are nice, friendly creatures. What I mean is my work routine. My task. My role.

I still have pending documents to write and my accomplishment so far is staring at my online references for almost a week. The goal is there as well as the deadline; I have enough resources and I'm pretty much interested to do it. One thing is missing: I'm lacking motivation and I don't know where to get enough of it.

Isa pa, I did expect that being part of the project management team, payment follow ups from suppliers and partners are nothing but normal. But it's getting extra phenomenal if it squeezes out your creative juices to give highly believable reasons to them just saying that they will not get what they want. Worse, you do the same thing the next day. So ito pa lang, drained na energy mo sa isang araw.

So what's it gonna be today?

****

Balita muna:

Day off proposed for employees to register

By Lira Dalangin-Fernandez
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 21:03:00 08/24/2009


MANILA, Philippines—Employees should be given one day off with pay to allow them to register for the May 2010 election, a party list lawmaker proposed on Monday.

Kabataan Representative Raymond Palatino said there is a need for the Commission on Elections (Comelec) to encourage more new voters to register given the low turnout of registrants.

Of its three million target, only 821,200 have so far registered, Palatino said, quoting figures from the poll body.

Palatino filed House Resolution 1336 asking the Department of Labor and Employment to direct public and private companies to implement a one-day off with pay to encourage their employees to register.

Deadline for registration is on October 30 this year.

The congressman said that employees often do not have time to register because by the time their shift ends, registration offices have already closed.

“It is the responsibility of the DOLE to ensure that employees nationwide not be disenfranchised in the coming 2010 election because of this limitation,” he said.

Palatino cited the 100 percent employee voters registration program of Nexus, a business process outsourcing firm, as an example of such initiative. Nexus, he said, gave free tickets to Quentin Tarantino’s Inglorious Basterds for the first fifty employees who submit their official voter registration documents to its human resource department.

No comments: